Responsible for the successful completion of the client engagement by planning, executing, and controlling all phases of the project via support and oversight of the project team. Works closely with Resilient and Client project stakeholders and executives to successfully oversee the implementation of the clients’ vision for the project and ensure expected ROI.
Coaches and mentors the project team producing quality, on-time, on-budget project deliverables that meet the SOW requirements while mitigating risk for Resilient. Participates in the consulting pre-sales phase through the solution delivery process and is a significant contributor to consulting delivery best practices.
Has significant impact on revenue due to their responsibility for oversight of client projects. Working with the project team, the Delivery Manager is accountable for project profitability, staying within budget on assigned projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates through the project team all delivery activities and acts as the executive escalation point for all issues specific to projects post Statement of Work (SOW) approval.
- Owns the project initiation step after the successful signing of SOW.
- Coordinates and ensures that the project is staffed adequately and is prepared.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining project revenues and profitability for assigned projects by working closely with the project manager and client.
- Works with the project team to manage the needs, expectations, project issues, and product requirements of the client.
- Acts as client advocate to product management and engineering teams.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Owns the responsibility to ensure the project team completes the project closure steps after the successful completion of the engagement.
- Acts as a Project Manager for small to medium engagements or when there is no project manager.
- Mentors Project Managers on Resilient methodology and drives consistent processes.
- Acts as the escalation path for the project manager.
- Participates, as required, in Steering committee meetings.
- Encourages teamwork, mentors junior resources and ensures all project reviews are updated on time.
- Provides oversight and management to multiple teams delivering enterprise IT solution implementations.
- Validates the (SOW) and General Services Agreement.
- Conducts “sunset” reviews and prepares case studies.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proven track record of managing and delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation skills. Strong negotiation skills strive for win-win resolutions.
- Ability to anticipate and build contingency plans. Expert problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism. Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Project Management skills including: Estimating, Scope Management, Budget Management, Time Management, Risk Management, Change Management, Issue/Conflict Resolution, Communication Management, Quality Management, Testing Plans, Training Plans, Proposal Management, Team Management.
- Strong coaching, and project management experience, coupled with the ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and evaluate and/or create deliverables.
- Strong history and track record of completing projects on time and on budget, as well as a proven track record in coaching and mentoring others to success.
Experience in the following:
- Ten years (10) years IT consulting experience. Seven (7) years project management experience with 4 years managing large projects. Previous experience managing small teams delivering IT implementations and involving multiple software application integrators.
BS/BA degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.